Community Health Nursing
The Department of Community Health Nursing takes initiative in fostering and strengthening the relationship of College with the community. The Department imparts quality education to the students and is committed to prepare them as efficient community health nurses. The department creatively plans all its activities towards strengthening the humane and technical skills of students to enable them to provide quality service to individual, family and community. This department collaborates with community members to provide care, improve the health of children, adults and families.
• To render comprehensive, promotive, preventive curative and rehabilitative services in order to meet the health care needs of the individuals and families in community areas.
• To conducting public health research and community welfare programmes.
• To provide basic, essential primary health care services.
• To provide screening services to detect communicable and non communicable disease.
• To conduct school health program regularly.
To give health education services for all age groups on various health related matters.
To conduct periodical surveys to identify the magnitude of health problems and to plan, execute and evaluate the health care programmes.