Medical Surgical Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing is a nursing speciality area to prepare with the highest levels of competency to care for adults with medical surgical conditions. The subject is taught to B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) and M.Sc. Nursing students primarily. The faculty members use various modern and innovative teaching strategies like seminars, demonstrations, simulation, clinical presentations, conferences, workshops, projects and discussions etc. which are of immense benefit to students.
• To practice quality patient care in acute sub acute and chronic phase of illness.
• To provide medical –surgical nursing care effectively to patients and family.
• To incorporate nursing process application in the clinical set up.
• To develop ability in the maintenance of standardized medical –surgical nursing care.
• To prepare the nursing students to utilize various teaching and learning methods both in class room and clinical area.
• To keep abreast with latest advancement in the field of medical –surgical nursing.
• To utilize appropriate evaluation techniques on the nursing care provided.
• To promote evidence based nursing practice by research activities in the field of medical – surgical nursing.