MPT – Master of Physiotherapy
The Master in Physiotherapy program, started in 2012, is provided by MGUMST in the following streams:
• MPT orthopedics
• MPT Neurology
• MPT Cardiopulmonary
• MPT Sports
At the end of the completion of Master of Physiotherapy, the Postgraduate will be able to:
1. Apply advanced knowledge of clinical skills in problem solving.
2. Gather and interpret information within a holistic framework pertaining to health.
3. Design, implement and monitor appropriate therapeutic interventions.
4. Apply scientific principles to the concepts of health, illness and disability.
5. Promote health.
6. Appraise the social and political context of health care.
7. Undertake independent research projects.
8. Promote Physiotherapy education.
9. Appraise action and social skills of self and others.
Mahatma Gandhi Physiotherapy College is duly approved by the Govt. of Rajasthan and Mahatma Gandhi university of Medical Science & Technology.Duration of the Course
The duration of Master of Physiotherapy Course is extended over a period of two continuous years on a full time basis. Any break in the career, power of extension of the course and the fixation of the term shall be vested with the University.
I Year: MPT Part-I 0 – 12 months
II Year: MPT Part-II 13 – 24 months
Medium of Instruction- English shall be the medium of instructions for all subjects of study and for examinations of the Master of Physiotherapy Degree Course.
Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (PT) or BPT degree from institutions where the mode of study is a full time programme, with minimum 3½ years/4½ years duration from this university or any other university in India or abroad as equivalent with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship in Physiotherapy.
Candidates who have passed BPT through Bridge Course or through Lateral Entry after completing their Diploma in Physiotherapy from this University or any other University Institutions in India or abroad, where the mode of study is a full time programme or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship in Physiotherapy.Candidates who have passed BPT through correspondence or Distance Education programme are not eligible.Selection criteria
Selection criteria of the candidates for the MPT Course shall be on the basis of merit i.e marks obtained in BPT.Intake of Students
The intake of students to the course shall be decided by the University. The guide and student ratio should be 1:5.Reservation Criterion
The rule of reservation will be based as per the policies of Rajasthan Government.
Commencement of the Course - The course shall commence from the 1st September of every academic year.
• The procedure to determine the merit of the candidates for admission to the MPT course shall be determined by the aggregate marks of 10+2 that the candidates obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
• Selected candidates will be intimated either by post or by telephone, and are expected to join the course, submit the original certificates, pay the prescribed fees, appear for the medical examination, join the hostel etc. within the stipulated date, failing which the admission is liable to be cancelled and no claim shall be entertained after the prescribed date.
• Candidates appearing in the merit list up to cut off point (limited to the number of seats in the institute) failing to seek admission by depositing the fee and completing requisite formalities within the specified period shall be treated as not interested in the admission and shall forfeit their chance of admission to the institute.
• The candidates next in merit shall be admitted in similar manner against the vacant seats.
• Please do not send any original certificates along with the application form. These should be produced & submitted when called for or at the time of admission only. Failure to submit the original certificates at the time of admission will result in cancellation of admission.
• Any application form found incomplete will summarily stand rejected.
• The institute does not take any responsibility for delay in receipt or loss of the application or correspondence in transit.
• For any future correspondences please quote your application form number for identification.
No claim or application for migration to other Physiotherapy College shall be entertained from the students admitted to this Institution at any course of time. In case, any eligibility/equivalent certificate, if required, is not submitted by the candidates within the time limit ascertained, his / her selection for admission to the Physiotherapy course (M.P.T.) is liable to be cancelled.Fee Structure MPT Course
Tuition Fee : Rs. 70,000.00 per annum. In addition, student will give cash security / Bank guarantee of 2 years of balance course duration amounting to Rs. 70,000.00, at the time of admission.
Caution Money: Rs. 10000.00 (interest free refundable on completion of Course)
• Hostel accommodation is available for all the students.
• Separate hostel for boys and girls are available inside the campus.
• The hostel charges shall be paid in full at the beginning of the year.
• Mess Charges: Before commencement of the academic session, the Mess charges shall be collected annually on sharing basis.
• Hostel accommodation is absolutely compulsory for all the students admitted in BPT Course.