Sports Physiotherapy is the specialized branch of physiotherapy which deals with injuries and issues related to sports people. Sports injuries do differ to everyday injuries. Athletes normally require high level performance and demand placed upon their body, which stresses their muscles, joints and bones to the limit. Sports physiotherapists help athletes recover from sporting injuries, and provide education and resources to prevent problems.
Each sports physiotherapist usually has sport-specific knowledge that addresses acute, chronic and overuse injuries. Their services are generally available to sports men and women of all ages engaged in sports at any level of competition. Sports physiotherapy team have experience and knowledge of the latest evidence-based practice, skilled assessment and diagnosis of sports injuries, and use effective 'hands-on' management techniques and exercise protocols to assist recovery and prevent injury. Team have access to the most recent advances in sports physiotherapyServices
• Assessment and treatment of current injuries
• Sports-specific rehab programmes
• Sport specific Strength and Conditioning programmes for performance enhancement
• Pre-season screening
• Pre-hab programmes
• Explanation and education
• Practical advice on modification of training programmes, including rest periods when required
• Provision of orthotics where appropriate
• Collaborate with Sports Medicine Consultants.
• Collaborate with coaches or fitness instructors to maximize outcomes