Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology (MGUMST), Jaipur was established in the year 2011. Since its inception, thousands of students have passed out and serving across the globe as Administrators, Academicians, Clinicians, Research scientists, and Entrepreneurs etc. Alumni of this premier institute have worked under different capacities and share a great role in building the present global repute of this institute. There was no registered alumni association earlier but alumni were contributing to the development of institute through an Alumni Chapter in one or the other way like guest lectures, sharing their valuable experiences, donating books and guiding the students for various competitive examinations.
The Alumni association of the Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology (MGUMST) was formally constituted and registered by the name of Alumni Association of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Jaipur under The Rajasthan Societies Registration Act 1958.
The Alumni association is an integral component which contributes to overall development in academics, research, career advancement, outreach activities and patient care. No matter which constituent University institution an alumnus belongs to the University takes a lot of pride in each one. The Alumni Chapter of university has contributed under various capacities such as:
1. Donations including financial & kind
2. Donation of books
3. Facilitating student placements
4. Organizing talks on various subjects and career guidance programs
5. Participation in medical and blood donation camps
6. Promoting student, alumni and faculty interaction.
7. Involving the alumni in institutional and social activities.
To nurture the culture of participative management through involving all alumni of MGUMST
1. To promote contact and communication amongst members of the Association and between the Association and the University and other academic bodies/organisations and to provide a forum for the members of the Association for exchange of experience, information and views;
2. To assist students and scholars of the University and members of the Association in their academic pursuits and professional careers.
3. To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops and other academic activities and also to keep in touch with one another of the University faculty and students.
4. To create and establish Alumni endowments for granting scholarships, prizes and medals to the students showing high proficiency in their studies and honour former students of the University.
5. To advise and interact with State and Central Government Bodies, Universities and Associations of other academic institutions on matters relating to promotion of higher education, training and management systems and thereby promote the welfare and status of the University.
6. To collect funds by subscriptions, contributions, donations and gifts from members, non-members, Governments, Universities and other institutions and philanthropists for furtherance of the above objectives.
7. To render financial aid to deserving alumni and their families in cases of extreme compassionate circumstances.
8. To regularly bring out magazines, souvenirs and newsletters highlighting the activities of the Institute and its Alumni.
9. To organize cultural and educational programmes and also to conduct Alumni Day celebration of MGUMST every year as per the decision of Executive Committee.
10. To help the Alumni to get advice from the University on various technical problems and job opportunities that they may come across in their work and real life.
11. To carry out such other activities as may be necessary for furthering the above aims and objectives.
12. Any other objectives that the Executive Committee and General Body may deem fit in the interest of the members of association.
1. Alumni of MGUMST have donated about 470 books to the university library since the first batch passed out.
2. Various other contributions include donations of televisions in hostels, fans in waiting lobby of college & hospital, water sources, LCD projectors etc. to colleges or respective departments.
3. Alumni help in curriculum enrichment by providing their valuable feedback and guide students on competitive exams and career guidance through guest lectures.
4. Financial contributions of Alumni chapter were utilised to provide financial aid to students of university as per need.